AF Corse is preparing to race in the GT World Challenge America powered by AWS with Jean-Claude Saada and Conrad Grunewald in their Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO 2020 No. 61.
Saada won the Ferrari Challenge Coppa Shell North America (2015) and is long-time Ferrari Challenge competitor in the series since 2014. Grunewald took the second spot in the Pirelli World Challenge in 2017.
Jean-Claude Saada: "I have been wanting to run in an endurance series for a while now, and what an opportunity this represents to do so with such a well-recognized series like SRO. I am also deeply honored and humbled to team up with AF Corse, and my team-mate and friend Conrad Grunewald. Amato and his team have been nothing but First Class.We are looking forward to new adventures, fun races and a great learning experience on some of the most amazing tracks in the United States and beyond."
Conrad Grunewald: “I’ve had to privilege to work with Jean-Claude since 2018 and it’s be great to watch his improvement as a driver. After such a competitive run in Ferrari Challenge in 2020 this seemed like the logical choice. To be running with AF Corse is very exciting as well. Their experience and proven results in Europe should help our transition into GT3”
The new 2021 season of the GT World Challenge America will not lack in excitement for fans. The schedule includes 13 rounds taking place at iconic American tracks.
- Sonoma Raceway, 5-7 March (Rounds 1 & 2)
- Circuit of the Americas, 30 April-2 May (Rounds 3 & 4)
- Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (Canada), 21-23 May (Rounds 5 & 6)
- VIRginia Internazional Raceway, 11-13 June (Rounds 7 & 8)
- Road America, 27-29August (Rounds 9 & 10)
- Watkins Glen International, 17-19 September (Round 11 & 12)
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway, 15-17 October (Round 13)
For more information on AF Corse and its GT World Challenge America campaign, please vist: